Monday, January 08, 2007

Remember me when I am gone away

After years of battling cancer, my mom-in-law passed away peacefully today. She lived a full, rich life - and though she left us too early, we thank God that she is no longer in pain. Thank you all for your prayers and support these past few months. It's meant a lot to us!

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you planned:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
- Christina G. Rossetti

2 comments:

Keri said...

My condolences to you and your family. May God continue to bless you during this time.

Warm regards.

HS said...

Yes, same here - my condolences to you and your family. I know I said it to you guys before at the wake (and at the cremation, with my presence), I thought I'd leave a note here.

As 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says, 13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words."

Any time you guys wanna whack golf balls or watch basketball match or whatever, gimme a yell! God bless.