Monday, May 29, 2006

Kicking off in Bali

After a month off to manage our relocation to Asia, I finally started my next project - this time in Jakarta. While I'll be away every week through September, I try to come back to Singapore most weekends. That said, we spent a weekend "onboarding" in Bali (consultant-speak for the team bonding and project planning that occurs at the start of each client engagement).

Business has started to pick up again in Bali, though the typical tourist is now less European or Australian, and more Chinese or Japanese. It was quite different to be with the team at our Jimbaran Bay beach hotel compared to the private villa that my hubby and I had just to ourselves in Canggu when we honeymooned here last July. While I also did less sightseeing this time around - it's a "work trip" after all - the views of the Indian Ocean, Uluwatu cliffs and coast remain spectular, the Balinese courteous, friendly, and grateful for visitors after the bombings in recent years, and there's plenty of great dining/hang out places, my favourite this time was Ku De Ta.

No comments: