Sunday, September 24, 2006

Singapore "Beach Boys"

The hubby and I were on a moonlit stroll last night, i.e. we took a 30 min walk home to work off our dinner, and passed by The Arts House on our way back. While browsing in the Earshot café, I discovered several albums by a local male a cappella group. What an unexpected surprise! They were not bad, with a quirky blend of local irreverence, universal humour and vocal harmony that I'd missed since my undergrad days in New England. You can read more about them at Budak Pantai (or literally, beach kids in Malay). I've also included a short clip of their adaptation of Fools Rush In below. Pardon the crummy sound quality.

2 comments:

Ms J. Flores said...

I'm on blogger now, too! How do I subsccribe to you??
Miss you!

Unknown said...

JAS! Welcome to the world of blogger. I have no idea how to subscribe here so I just link friends' sites from my template (on the left).

That said, if you have a Live Journal account, you could add my sci-fi and fantasy blog to your friends list. It's here.

How're things in Noo Yawk?