Friday, October 06, 2006

Mom's coming to town!

For the first time in - actually, EVER - we're having long term visitors in our new home. My mom and one of my fav aunts will be staying over for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to host my own family once again, esp. since I've rarely seen them in the past decade. Imagine, real home-cooked Peranakan food! A partner-in-crime for artsy plays and nature walks! More bridge all-nighters ... and maybe even some mom-and-daughter bonding, Ya-Ya sisterhood style! ;o

First things first. Make sure hubby is even more appreciated for sharing my joy in this and for putting up with the days to come.

Then, spring cleaning! Or rather, summer cleaning, since there's only one hot, humid and hazy season year-round. Plan A: Do it tomorrow. Plan B: Scramble by Tuesday. Plan C: Hire a maid. Plan D: Stuff all dust and "dirt" in that not-so-secret drawer under the bed. Hmm....

Lastly, info gathering on what's going on in Singapore in October. We'll probably get through 1% of my list but hey, I'm a "J" i.e. I'm a planner - with checklists, spreadsheets, calendar of options - and seriously (sadly?), I've too much free time on my hands these days.

Yayyy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, he thanks you and I bet will secretly wish he can stay somewhere else for a few weeks.

Joking aside though, Ya-Ya was all about the good, bad and ugly moments in families, but their bonds strengthened throught it all over time. I know, I'm sappy.

Unknown said...

We both may need it. After all, it IS the "Ancient Chinese Secret" remedy for all of life's chaos. On a somewhat related topic, the house is sparkly clean today and mom arrives tomorrow.

Dum dum dum!