Monday, June 18, 2007

How not to use Powerpoint

Since I've spent most of last week preparing multiple big presentations at work, I'm taking inordinate pleasure in this "How not to use Powerpoint" video, which includes gems like:
1) Keep it simple, stupid!
2) Spell check
3) "Effectively" use bullets, colours, animation and data
4) The font you use tells who you are as a person. Me? I like Book Antiqua, if it's not the company default...
5) The more the slides, the less effective the presentation!

2 comments:

warren said...

haha i agree!
i will try to learn from the best:
Lord Jobs, esp at the iPhone unveiling... =)

Unknown said...

I'm jealous. You get the real deal (iPhone) in just over a week. We've placed an order with our New York colleagues, but the shipments won't come till much later. Let me know if you get one... and what you think!