Friday, December 01, 2006

Addicted to Heroes

While skyping a friend in NYC today, I realized that I haven't blogged here in a while. Real life has been pretty predictable (job interviews - which are now officially over, in-law visits, birthdays, weddings, parties and the occasional outings). But the main reason why I've evidently forsaken you all for my Live Journal geeks is because a certain TV series called Heroes has eaten my brain. If you've not seen it on NBC, SciFi or Global TV, check it out! (If you don't have access, let me know). Both the hubby and I are hooked and think it's one of the best new TV series this season - certainly better than the local programming via Starhub. BTW, if you're already a fan, come join our discussion over here.

Update: And evidently, the media critics agree! Heroes - in the middle of its first season - is already up for several awards and nominations from the Golden Globes, Writers Guild Association and American Film Institute. See more details here.

Here's an introductory trailer:

The Heroes premise is an age old one: "What if, in times of profound global duress, Mother Nature created new forms of life to deal with it?" Each episode this season tracks how ordinary folks around the world discover and learn to control their unique gifts. While it's a serialized drama with supernatural elements (think Lost, X-Men or the 4400), what sets it apart are the ways in which each character is introduced and how the plot unravels when their stories unfold and cross. In Heroes, there are no black and white characters or easy decisions, and I found the end result endearingly real, fresh and fun. The proof is in the numbers: Heroes has raked in 15-16 million viewers each week, making it the most watched new TV show among all the US networks since its premiere. Broadcast rights will no doubt be snapped up by global networks before the first season is over, if the BBC's latest move is any indication.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted on ur LJ. (I'm charis al'aslan.)
I was wondering if I could either (a) link to ur LJ for ur Heroes entry, or (b) copy and paste and give u credit w/link? I think ur entry rox!! LoL!

Also - dont forget to change my link on ur "Fellow Bloggers" Blogroll to reflect my wordpress: kupercaya.wordpress.com.

Love you, Mei! <3
~jas

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie! I'll update your new website on my blogroll.

I was thrilled to see you on LJ! Link and/or credit away, whatever works best. How do you find wordpress? I've checked out quite a few (MySpace, Blogger, Live Journal) and found the LJ format the most interactive, great for cross posting, friends/community updates, post/comment tracking and editing, etc.

BTW, I do use a pseudonym elsewhere online. When I'm on LJ, it's either balikpulang, lostinspace or lis for short.

"See" you around!
Mei