Saturday, May 05, 2007

Foraging for food reviews

One thing I miss about New York is the diversity of food options, and the ease in looking up reviews and making reservations online, be it at the ultra pricy Daniel where hubby and I reflect fondly on both the food and the cost, to PINCH, our favourite neighbourhood joint that literally customises and sells pizza by the inch.

I'd only seen a smattering of online and printed food reviews in Singapore. The most popular being Makan Sutra and Eat Shiok Shiok, as well as several indy blogs, e.g. Chubby Hubby. I commented on this waaay back in one of my first few posts here.

To my foodie gastronaut delight, a friend told me about this new local online interactive site, aptly called Hungry Go Where. It's a young promising initiative - and there's plenty of room for improvement, e.g. sorting by ratings and reviews, tracking discrete user hits, enabling notifications on comments/major account updates, searching by zip code - and heck, maybe even a tie-in to some location-based mobile services? (PS - If the business owners are keen to adopt any of these ideas, let me know).

Still, it works and I've not only signed in as a member, but have also written a few reviews. No surprise for those of you who read this blog as to what my pseudonym there is. Check it out! Meanwhile, if you're not eating, think about where you wanna eat next....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Got your note, Bryan. Very jealous of your gastronomic progress with Ruth Reichl's "top 500 restaurant" list! ;)