Sunday, May 13, 2007

When all else fails, call Tech Support

Dear diary:

Today was a bad tech day.


4:00 PM My laptop gives a beep, reminding me that the batteries are running out. While plugging it into the power socket, I knock over my glass of water.

4:02 PM Water soaked up. I sit back down to resume work while the table dries.

4:10 PM Laptop blanks out. I try everything I learnt in laptop care 101, from hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL to holding down the power button to pressing "!@$#%QWERTY" in frustration. Nothing happens.

4:11 PM I take out my battery. Breathe in. Breathe out.

4:12 PM I SMS a colleague and receive our 24 hour IT hotline.

4:13 PM I call the hotline, explain the situation, and get two valuable pieces of advice. 1) Shut down your laptop, take out the battery, and let it "cool down" or "dry out" for a few hours. 2) If there's smoke coming out of the laptop, you've got a big problem.

4:15 PM I make plans for dinner and Spider-Man 3 tonight. Decide to deal with my laptop (and all those presentations I need to prepare) on Sunday.

12:18 AM I come home and am praying that all my work has not been lost! Otherwise, tomorrow will be a REALLY bad day.

2 comments:

Keri said...

How did it end??? Well...I hope.
- Keri

Unknown said...

It finally restarted sometime Sunday evening, so I burnt some Sunday midnight oil then....

Laptop is still funky though. Have to get it thoroughly checked sometime!